2. Train Employees – Your exposures can be reduced by having and enforcing a computer password policy for your employees.
3. Update Software – Routinely check and upgrade major software.
4. Create Back-Up Files and Store Off-Site – Create back-up files on an external hard drive or on a separate cloud account to help prevent ransomware.
5. Proper Firewall and Antivirus Technology – Evaluate the security settings on your software, browser, and email programs.
6. Data Breach Plan – Remind employees to periodically review the data breach detection tools installed on their computers. Ensure employees know if a data breach occurs they must notify the business immediately.
7. Cyber Security Insurance – Protect your business with the appropriate cyber security insurance to provide protection for the costs associated with data breaches and ransomware.
When your business is in the market for a cyber insurance policy, or looking to renew an existing policy, Bettinson Insurance Agency will consider all the risks your business faces. Contact us at (781) 648-0128 or online at https://www.bettinsoninsurance.com/ to get in touch with one of our experienced representatives!